In Honor of National Ant-Cyberbulling Awareness BookSparks PR has launched a Speaks out campaign in hopes to speak out against bullies.I Have 4 children and this subject saddens me so much lately we've heard so much about kids and teens commiting suicide even in my small community we have had so many kids ending their life before they've even had a chance to begin.Nobody deserves what some children are put through.
Read on to find some small ways you can help in a big way
Speak out against bullying - The Salt God's Daughter by Ilie Ruby
Note from Ilie: The stories of the women who populate The Salt God’s Daughter were inspired by the confluence of real life and a Celtic myth, which I learned from a folksong my mother played on the guitar, The Great Silkie of Sule Skerry. While the myth is the map, its many roads reflect the experiences of my grandmothers, of my mother, of my friends, and of seventeen young girls I never knew but whose histories found me. My wish was to illuminate the female experience through generations–not only those times that are shrouded in shadows, but also those that are lovely and beautiful, and made indelible with light. At its heart this is a story about true love, sometimes found between mothers and daughters, in the secrets of sisters, and in the arms of the first person with whom you shared your heart. When all is said and done, this novel belongs to resolute sisters Ruthie and Dolly. They are my champions. Their journey of discovery and survival is the heart of this story.
Set in Long Beach, California, beginning in the 1970s, The Salt God’s Daughter follows three generations of extraordinary women who share something unique—something magical and untamed that makes them unmistakably different from others. Theirs is a world teeming with ancestral stories, exotic folklore, inherited memory, and meteoric myths.
In recognition of October being National Anti-Cyberbullying Awareness month, we are proud to speak out with BookSparksPR, book lovers and author Ilie Ruby against bullies.
Here's how you can speak out too!
- Post it: Post this anti-bullying badge on your blog, site or social media today along with the book cover and the note on Ilie Ruby's book The Salt God's Daughter. We understand you have other obligations/plans for your blog that day. Whatever you can do today to stand up for these 17 young women, Amanda Todd and so many other women and children who are being/have been bullied.
- Tweet it: Speak out with @BookSparksPR, book lovers and @IlieRuby today against bullies! No bullying! http://bit.ly/RCBDSZ #SpeakOut
- Facebook it: Share the badge, this campaign (http://bit.ly/RCBDSZ) and your words against bullying via Facebook and tag (BookSparksPR) so they can share too!
- Rate it: Head over to Goodreads and rate Ilie Ruby's The Salt God's Daughter. It’s a 5-star beautiful book about love, family, and surviving bullying! http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13584821-the-salt-god-s-daughter
- Buy it: If you buy Ilie Ruby’s book, The Salt God’s Daughter, let BookSparksPR know and they'll match with a donation to an anti-bullying organization. On October 24th only, if you buy the book for you, a friend, a holiday gift (great for mothers, daughters, friends, book clubs, etc) or all the above, send your receipt(s) and they'll be donating up to 20% of book sales that day (based on emailed receipts) to the "I Choose" anti-bullying campaign in support of BookSparksPR Speaks Out Against Bullying and all these victims. Buy on Indie Bound; Buy on Amazon; or Buy on Barnes & Noble. Send receipts to contests@SparkPointStudio.com